Friday, June 5, 2009

Youngstown Eats

I'm on vacation, visiting family in South Carolina. I apologize for the sparse posting this week. Just a quick note about the blog Youngstown Eats:

Pittsburgh is one of my favorite cities, and Pittsburgh’s South Side is one of my favorite places to go when visiting Pittsburgh. This is the Carson Street corridor. Many of you are not familiar with Pittsburgh and shy away from its confusing streets. But most of you are familiar with Station Square, which is located at the Smithfield Street Bridge and Carson Street. Just keep driving southeast on Carson Street past Station Square. You don’t have to drive very far to reach this eclectic neighborhood of head shops, funky clothing stores, and old bookstores. It is closed in; it is claustrophobic; and it is old Pittsburgh. It has been resistant to gentrification succeeding in “keeping it real.”

"Northeast Ohio" and "Western Pennsylvania" serve as the foodie geography of Youngstown. So, I'm not the only one who thinks Cleveburgh makes sense.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mr. Russell, my name is Matt Beargie and I am a writer for Inside Business magazine. I have been assigned to write about Greater Youngstown 2.0 for a Youngstown Business incubator insert that is running in the magazine. I wasn't sure how else to get a hold of you because I was given a wrong number for your contact. If you could email me at beargimt@sbcglobal.net and we could schedule a time to talk, that would be great. Thank you for your time,

    Matt

    ReplyDelete